Exceptional Skill & Care Ensures a Safe and Pain-Free Surgery
for Your Pet
Equipped to handle both routine and more complex surgical procedures, Countryside Veterinary Hospital offers safe and comfortable pet surgery. Exceptional skill, dedication, and solid pre- and post-operative protocols ensure a positive outcome for our patients. We also utilize laser surgery, which has many benefits over conventional scalpel surgery.
Our High Standards Minimize Your Worry and Risk for Your Pet:
- Pre-surgical evaluation—We thoroughly examine your pet and verify that he or she is healthy enough for surgery. We require all pets over 8 years of age to have blood work; however, it is recommended for all pets.
- Safe anesthetics and sedatives—Careful monitoring and short acting, anxiety easing sedatives are utilized as a complement to our inhalant anesthetics.
- Pain management—We provide pain relief before, during, and after surgery.
- Post-operative stays—We offer the option of staying overnight for some surgical patients and may require it for more invasive procedures. During overnight post-operative stays, we will monitor vitals, administer fluids as needed, and check sutures.
Commonly Performed Animal Surgeries Include:
- Spay and neuter
- Mass and tumor removal
- Dental cleanings and procedures
- Eye surgery (minor)
- Wound and laceration care
- Foreign body removal
- Emergency care (during office hours)
We are also skilled in orthopedics and orthopedic veterinary surgery, which is an area of special interest at our hospital.
Surgeries are scheduled and performed Monday through Friday. Drop-off time is between 7 to 8 a.m.. If your pet is showing clear signs of illness (runny nose, fever, etc.) or the blood work reveals problems, we will reschedule or re-evaluate your pet for surgery.